See Your Child’s Skills and Confidence Soar
There’s something about the daily adventure known as “math homework” that can make even the most easy-going parents feel tested. (Or testy, as the case may be.) We know you want what’s best for your family. If your child can use math help, take heart: every child learns in his or her own way, meaning personal attention can make all the difference in mastering math.
When it comes to math tutoring, personal learning is what we do best. Our math tutors use your child’s personal learning plan and engaging technology (such as iPads®, interactive exercises and a fun rewards system) to motivate and inspire your child. Our math tutors get to the root of your child’s math help needs, so your child can soar with newfound skills and confidence. It’s no wonder kids love coming to Sylvan.
Assessing your child’s math tutoring needs
While we organize our math curriculum by grade level and topic, we don’t assume your child’s skill level. Instead, we place your child in the right level based on our assessment of his or her math skills. Whether your child is advanced or is getting up to grade level, we tailor our math curriculum exactly to his or her needs, so your child is happily challenged, not frustrated.
What to expect from our math tutoring
Sylvan math tutors will:
- Personalize math tutoring to your child’s needs through Sylvan Insight™, our proven learning approach.
- Engage your child in math learning using the iPad as a teaching tool for a more fun and interactive learning experience.
- Adapt math lessons to your child’s skill level and pace — so learning is challenging, not frustrating.
- Motivate your child with instant feedback and recognition for every skill learned.
- Align our math tutoring curriculum with state and Common Core standards, so the skills your child is learning at Sylvan have an impact in the classroom.