8th Grade Math
Empower your teen’s mathematical prowess with Sylvan’s specialized 8th grade math tutoring! Our experts will guide your child to conquer advanced concepts with confidence and expertise!
Taking learning to a whole new level
Your 8th grader may want to take it easy, but when it comes to ensuring your teen is on the right path to college success, 8th grade is the new eleventh grade! It’s time to start giving serious thought to your teen’s math skills, classes and scores. Choosing 8th grade math tutoring at Sylvan will give your teenager the skills and confidence to take it to the next level. Our math tutors create a personal connection between your 8th grader and math, so math becomes a fun challenge and 8th grade becomes an exciting springboard for future success.
With our 8th grade math tutoring, your teen will learn key math concepts and skills such as:
- Angles and lines
- Triangles and quadrilaterals
- Circles and three-dimensional figures
- Similar triangles and transformations
- Triangle applications
- Inductive and deductive reasoning
- Calculate unit rates or the unit cost using a proportion
- Determine compound interest
- Choose and use an appropriate problem-solving strategy
Probability and Statistics
- Predict outcomes using probability
- Create and interpret data in a frequency table and histogram
- Interpret data displayed by a box plot
- Use data to create a scatter plot and draw conclusions
- Solve problems involving combinations or permutations
Math programs by grade levels
It’s never too early (or late!) to give your child extra confidence in their math skills. We provide tutoring for students in kindergarten through 12th grade so your child can be supported every step of the way.
What our parents and students are saying:
“Sylvan has been very supportive with my child’s needs and has greatly improved her grades and confidence.”