We're here for you every step of the academic journey
If you don't live in the US or Canada, click here
Find a location and view schedules
Opening Doors in School and Beyond
If your kids have entered a battle of wills with you over school writing assignments or college admission essays, you’re in good company. Many kids can’t stand writing. Thankfully, our writing tutors can help. When you choose Sylvan for writing tutoring, we’ll inspire greater confidence and success from your young writer (and restore your sanity along the way).
Our writing tutors are experts at connecting with kids and motivating them to become better writers. They’ll identify your child’s exact writing needs and craft a personal plan, just for your child.
Whether your child needs help writing complete sentences, developing thesis statements or crafting a great college application essay, our writing tutors will help your child build the essential writing skills for a lifetime of success. And along the way, they’ll use a variety of techniques — including a fun rewards system — to make tutoring fun and engaging.
Why writing tutoring matters
Four out of five students are not proficient writers1, and writing is the only subject area in which a majority of teachers rank their students as “fair” or “poor.”2 Yet, writing is essential for everything from drafting college admission essays to holding a job!
We know you want what’s best for your child − now and in the future. Choosing Sylvan for writing tutoring is a great way to improve your child’s writing skills, build his or her confidence, and inspire greater opportunities in school and beyond. As millions of successful students and their families will tell you, a little writing help at Sylvan goes a long way.
Explore our writing help by grade level:
What to expect from our writing tutors
Sylvan’s writing tutors will:
- Develop a custom learning plan tailored to your child's writing needs.
- Share useful writing tips and guide your child through writing exercises that occur in his or her everyday life.
- Inspire your child with instant feedback, personal recognition and a fun rewards system, so your child is motivated to become a better writer.
- Measure your child’s progress, ensuring your child is mastering each writing skill and can actually apply it.
- Align our writing tutoring with the standards set by the National Council of Teachers of English, so there’s a connection between the writing skills your child learns at Sylvan and what’s required in the classroom.
- Collaborate with your child’s teacher at school to track progress.
Where we offer writing tutoring
Writing tutoring is available at a Sylvan location near you. Contact your local center to take the first step to inspiring your child to succeed.