Building Understanding ... and Reading Success!
Reading is much more than sounding out words. It’s about being an active reader — making connections, visualizing, inferring and more. It’s a multitasking skill that requires effort and can open up a whole new world to your child. It's normal for kids to need a little help in reading for comprehension, and you’re right to want to give your child a boost with such a crucial skill.
Our reading comprehension tutors identify your child’s reading needs and create an individual learning plan, just for him or her. They adjust their pace with each lesson, ensuring your young reader is challenged but never frustrated. You’ll love the day when your child follows up “The End” with: “Let me tell you all about what I just read!”
Explore our reading comprehension tutoring
To help your child improve at reading for comprehension, our reading tutors teach your child how to:
- Identify main concept and supporting details of a text
- Determine what will happen next in a reading selection
- Relate experiences in a text with real-life experiences and events
- Ask meaningful questions in order to understand text
- Answer questions about a text after reading it