Tackle Bigger Workloads With Confidence
There’s so much to juggle in high school: advanced classes, homework, college applications, jobs, extracurricular activities and social lives. (And yes, we realize your son or daughter may prioritize this list in reverse order!) Luckily, you’ve got the big picture in mind.
As your teen’s life kicks into high gear, help your son or daughter tackle the demands of high school with Advanced Study Skills. Learning effective study skills is a powerful way to create a strong high school student. Just as important, this course will successfully prepare your son or daughter for the challenges of college and careers.
Find your local Sylvan center to get started today!
Tailor our program to your teen’s needs
In Advanced Study Skills, your son or daughter will learn study skills and strategies to achieve goals and conquer any workload. This program has been specially designed for grades 9-12.
You select the right skill areas for your teen, meaning our program can be tailored to your family’s exact needs. Your teen will develop a variety of “higher order” thinking skills and strategies — such as problem solving, life management and independence. We also reinforce positive behaviors and attitudes, building your teen’s confidence and perseverance.
Study skills for high school students
Here are some of the skill areas you may consider:
- Time management to efficiently manage time and workloads.
- Strategic planning to set short-term and long-term goals.
- Academic planning to plan and track long-term projects.
- Better organization to effectively organize schoolwork and a personal study area.
- Planning and performance management to set personal expectations, use an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management to identify teacher expectations and priorities, and to use active listening.
- Effective note taking to break down, organize and study information in every subject.
- Test-taking study tips and strategies for every subject and type of test, as well as ways to tackle test anxiety.
- College preparation to navigate college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
Skills for college and beyond
At Sylvan, we instill lifelong skills to help your son or daughter thrive in high school, but also in college and beyond. Your teen will get:
- Goal setting strategies and study tips to achieve goals and conquer responsibilities.
- Advanced reading strategies to prepare for the rigorous demands of college reading. (Remember all those hours of reading? Your teen will be ready!)
- Practice with communication skills, such as building presentations and learning how to speak effectively to groups.
- Job interview preparation, such as how to interview for a job and how to write an effective resume and cover letter.
Where we offer our study skills program for high school students
This program is available at a Sylvan location near you.
Ensure your teen is ready for the workload and challenges ahead! Find your local Sylvan center.