ACT Test Prep and Courses
With more than one million students taking the ACT test each year and an ever-increasing competition to get into the best universities, the stakes are high for scoring well on the ACT test. Not to mention, the number of ACT test takers is up almost 20 percent since 2010. It’s no wonder that ACT test prep has grown so important!
The good news is that Sylvan’s ACT prep program can help your teenager navigate this big test with ease, earning impressive scores along the way.
Our expert ACT tutors will motivate and inspire your teen with a personal approach that takes the mystery out of the ACT test. You’ll not only see impressive ACT test scores, but you’ll also see your son or daughter grow with confidence. For many of our students, it only takes five to eight weeks to master the skills they need to raise their scores!
Why our ACT prep is highly effective
What makes Sylvan’s ACT test prep program unique? We use a proven combination of small-group instruction, independent learning, online resources and ACT practice tests. This cohesive approach ensures that teens learn the strategies for tackling each type of exam question (including the written portion of the ACT). In addition, they can focus on the specific skill areas they need to improve.
When you sign up for our in-class ACT prep program, your teen will benefit from:
- Small-group instruction on the skills and strategies needed to score high.
- Expert ACT tutors who know the college entrance exams inside and out.
- Personalized homework to improve the skills that need the most help.
- Flexible class hours to fit your teen’s busy schedule.
Sylvan Prep Online for independent learning
One of the coolest parts of our ACT prep program is Sylvan Prep Online, our personalized, online learning environment. It’s included with our in-center instruction, or you can choose it as a standalone class.
With Sylvan Prep Online, your son or daughter gains 24/7 access to:
- Thousands of detailed video lessons on how to approach ACT test problems.
- Subject-specific video lessons to help improve areas of need.
- An interactive vocabulary builder with hundreds of common ACT test words.
- Full-length, timed practice tests to prepare for the pace and format of the ACT and build confidence for test day.
Sylvan’s integrated ACT prep program will help your teen manage the pressure, lower stress and raise those crucial test scores. Before you know it, you’ll be receiving letters from colleges and hearing your son or daughter say three magical words: “I got in!”
Where we offer ACT courses and ACT prep
Many Sylvan centers offer ACT test prep. To find out if it’s available in your area, contact your local center.