Elementary school is all about learning your A-B-Cs and 1-2-3s. But middle school is a whole new beast. As school lets out for the summer, get ahead of the planning process and keep your middle school prep under control. Print out our list of things to do and start checking off some boxes!
- Meet with your child’s teacher
… and discuss the successes and pitfalls of the previous year.
- Pick up your summer reading and math lists
… to keep your child learning all summer long!
- Chat with the school guidance counselor
… to find out what you can expect out of middle school classes and the year ahead.
- Peruse next year’s curriculum
… and use the summer months to prepare your child for next year’s classes.
- Review the afterschool programs
… to get your child excited about next year’s extracurricular activities early on.
- Practice using a combination lock
… and enjoy the transition from cubby to locker in middle school.
- Use technology daily
… because nowadays, being tech savvy is a necessity.
- Plan a summer learning staycation or getaway
… and keep your kids’ brains churning!