Did you know it takes only 66 days to form a habit? Well, lucky for us, summer is just long enough to instill habits in our children to support a lifestyle of learning.
To fuel creative summer learning, Sylvan has partnered with some of our favorite parenting bloggers and education experts to develop a collection of learning tips, advice and activities sure to engage the entire family this season.
We included just some of their tips below, but make sure to visit each of their blogs. To launch a summer full of learning, each blogger is giving away a set of Random House books, for a variety of ages, valued at close to $100 to one lucky reader! Readers can enter each bloggers giveaway once between now and Friday, June 28.
Summer Learning Tips and Activities:
- Ask each of your children to select a theme (sports, horses, etc.) and then create summer learning projects around each theme.
Summer Learning Ideas by Amy Lupold Bair
- When visiting tourist attractions, discuss questions related to the attraction or build a model of the structure with Popsicle sticks when you get home.
66 Days of Summer Learning by Mix Hart
- Gather books to share with your child that are related to your summer vacation or trips or related to the region you’re planning to visit.
- Use simple recipes to make summer treats, or ask your child to write a “book” to go along with a piece of his or her artwork.
Summer Learning … Had Me a Blast by Yolanda Machado
- Games and activities are a great way to make learning fun and can be adapted in a variety of ways to cater to your own child’s needs.
Teaching Beginning Reading Activities by Jodi Durr